Friday, August 8, 2008

School is about to start...again.

As the school year is again appraoching me, as much as I may want to resist it, I can't help but think of everything that's happened this summer, and everything we have on the calendar for this fall. I also can't help thinking about how busy I will be with school this coming semester. For those of you who read this blog and don't know, I have been attending Chico State University since the Fall of 2003. I graduated with B.A. in Psychology in 2007 and was accepted into the Master's Program for Marriage and Family Therapy. I have already completed one year in that program, and I am looking forward to graduating in May 2009 so I can continue to work towards my ultimate goal of being a licensed Marriage and Family Therapist.

As I am trying to ignore the beginning of the impending school year, I got to thinking about all the fun things Scott and I have done this summer. We've been camping several times, as you can read about in his blog, and I've also been able to take a few trips to visit my sister and having the weekend for some girl time with my girlfriends. We've also been able to see a lot of new summer movies, like The Dark Knight and Pineapple Express, both we very good films and it's always fun to spend an evening in the air conditioned comfort of the movie theater.

I've also spent much of the summer preparing wedding plans and gearing up for the big day next June. I know the time will go by so fast, so we're trying to be on top of things. We've already picked the venue, which you can read about below, we just chose I photographer, who is really familiar with the Lake Almanor Area so we can get some spectacular wedding photos. We also completed our registry's at Macy's and Bed, Bath and Beyond. I have to confess, that the registering part was probably one of my favorite moments.

Now with August almost half-old, we're getting ready to have a yard sale and do a last summer cleaning as we get ready to settle in for the next few months. Apollo, of course is growing by leaps and bounds and it's funny to see how "smart" and entertaining he can be.

So here's to summer, the brightest and most liesurely season.

No comments:

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover