Saturday, August 30, 2008

I Survived!!

4 Venti Lattes from Starbucks: $15.00
4 Text books from the Student Bookstore: $300.00
Surviving the first 4 days of the semester: Priceless

Well I made it through the first week of school without any major mishaps. I've decided to take a full course load this semester so I can graduate on time in the spring. This means, I'm taking a Cross-Culutral class, a Law and Ethics class, a Research and Evaluation Methods Class, my Group Practicum class (which means leading 3 groups of students, plus class, plus individul supervision) and a sex and drugs class. As if that wasn't enough, I've also decided to be a TA for one of the other graduate classes, just to get more experience and learn more behind the scenes from one of the best professors in the program. Crazy you say? I just prefer to think that I'm working eagerly towards my future. I guess it should also be said, that I did cut down my work load to only 2 days a week at Sycamore Glen so I have a lot of time during the week for homework, projects and everything else. I also managed to get Sundays off, which is now the most sacred day of the week to me.


Even though this semester looks like it's going to be tough, it's great to be able to see my friends again, and more regularly and to be learning things that are going to take me so far in my career (hopefully at least). It also provided me with more opportunities to brag about my adorable new neice and show her off to all my colleagues. Everyone thinks she's adorable.

Here's the new school year, and the eventual end of graduate work!

Did I mention I started working on my Master's Project too? Oye!

2 comments:

Larissa said...

Does this mean you will be available for phone conversations again??

Kim said...

i miss you. lunch again this friday?

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover