Friday, July 25, 2008

I am no longer a blogging virgin...


Well well well...

I knew this day would eventually arrive, so it's no surprise that it's here already. In a brief discussion with Scott and and off-hand comment to Kim, I (we) decided to start a blog, mostly to keep family and friends updated on our happenings, since we weren't very pleased with either of the wedding websites we tried, we figured this would be the best option. I guess I'd better start with a little backstory...

Scott and I met in December of 2006 through our friend Kim also known as the best match-maker ever! While we bonded over beers and Survivor, casual dating eventually turned into going steady.

During the Summer of 2007 we took our first big vacation together when we travelled to Yosemite National Park. It was the first time for both Scott and I at the breath-takingly beautiful National Park. We had a blast camping and spending time together, especially when we got the chance to go over to the coast and see Scott's sister in Santa Barbara.

The first year flew by fast and before I knew it Scott proposed to me in April. Before he knew it wedding plans were underway. We chose the amazingly beautiful bed and breakfast and historical home in Chester, CA, The Bidwell House. The venue has a gorgeous gazebo and beautiful grounds that we knew would be a perfect fit for our mutual love of nature.

Things have calmed down a little this summer, school is out and even though I'm looking forward to finishing up next year, YAY!, its nice to have the time to relax and take things easy. Scott has been busy at work, but we managed to take a few weekend vacations, one to Antelope Lake in early June, one to the beautiful Redwood Coast near Arcata and he took the pup on a mini vacation with Sean and Julie to a fire lookout. I am getting the chance to go visit my big sister in Missouri and spend some time with my 3 adorable nephews!

Apollo continues to keep us on our toes and he's growing like a weed. We're still waiting to see whether or not he keeps leaning towards his Great Dane traits or if he starts leaning towards the black lab traits he was "supposed" to have.

Well, the weather is warm and the sky has finally cleared of smoke. Keep checking back for wedding and various updates!

2 comments:

Justin said...

Congratulations on starting up the blog guys! We received the "save-the-date" card in the mail a couple of days ago and are excited for the wedding (and the bachelor party... one of us anyway). My parents also said that they received theirs, that they say hello, and that they have saved-the-date.

It seems like forever since we have actually hung out. Hopefully the wedding will not be the next time.

Anyway, looking forward to keeping up to date with you guys through the blog.

Larissa said...

Wow, Jenn! I am totally impressed! I want to see some new pictures of you and scott now, with your horse... I mean dog ;p! I am very excited you will be here in a week!! Miss you and love you tons!!

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover