Saturday, July 26, 2008

The House and The Mutt




So far I'm 2 for 2 in posting of my blogs and I thought I would fill this one in with all the details about our wonderful new house and our wonderful pup, Apollo.

This spring, pre-engagement, Scott was lucky enough to have the opportunity to buy a house in Chico. The market was ideal and we really lucked into a fabulous 3 bed 2 bath home, pretty close to my work and in the best little family neighborhood. It has a great backyard, which can be hard to find in California, and other than an obnoxious next door neighbor, we are completely in love with our house.

Our backyard inspired us to get a dog, and while we had originally planned on waiting until the summer time to adopt a puppy from some friends of ours, my good friend Katie sent me a message about a litter of black lab pups that had been rescued by our local shelter. Naturally, I immediately contacted Scott so we could plan our next move. Before we knew it, two weeks had flown by and I was bringing home an adorable little black lab puppy whom we named Apollo. Little did we know what was to come....

At our last visit to the vet, for Apollo's last series of shots, the vet assistant looked at me and asked what breed Apollo was again. I told her how we had adopted him from the Humane Society and how he was a black lab, but they couldn't be sure he was a pure-bred and so on and so forth. She looked and me, and looked at him and said, he looks more like a Great Dane to me. At this point, my eyes almost fell out of my head and my mouth surely dropped open, as she began to describe his Dane-like characteristics. Scott and I are eagerly anticipating how he is going to turn out. Needless to say, you'll probably hear about it if he does turn into a Great Dane.

The last few months have been rather exciting for us and we are both looking forward to Christmastime and Weddingtime so we can celebrate everything that's been happening in our lives recently. If anyone wants to know more about something we have going, drop Scott or me a line and maybe it'll turn into a blog!

No comments:

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover