Tuesday, July 29, 2008

How the madness all started...


Well since I can't be 4 for 4 today, I figured it would be just as good to tell the story of how Scott and I met.


It was a dark and stormy night...


Ok, not really stormy, but it was dark and rather late on a winter's evening when Scott and I were finally introduced to one another. A co-worker and good friend of mine, Kim, suggested that we go to Scott's apartment after our resident and employee Christmas party to watch Survivor. I agreed to go along since I was sort of a reality t.v. junkie and who really wants to resist watching people wander around some deserted part of the earth and eat bugs? I had also previously been told by Kim that she thought Scott and I would make a cute couple and that it was time we met each other. Kim and Scott are old high school pals and Scott had recently moved back to Chico from the San Luis Obispo area where he went to college and worked for a year after graduating. So back to the story...


The three of us watched Survivor that night, and apparently something began to simmer under the surface between Scott and myself. Later that week at work, I was trying to convince Kim to come out and have a drink with me at a bar downtown, (classy right?), she refused and refused, but told me that Scott was also going out this weekend and he had been asking her to go out with him. With a stroke of pure genuis Kim decreed that we should meet up together downtown, and thus she wouldn't have to go at all! Going ahead with her ingenuis plan, Kim gave Scott my phone number, and after we played a little phone tag and I snagged a wing-man, we met up downtown at a fun little bar.


After having some fun and drinking some beer ( I only had 2 glasses Mom, I swear! ;]) we decided to cap the night off with some late night snacks at a local downtown diner. Now, Scott HATES it when I tell this part of the story, but I have to confess that it's my favorite. While at the diner, I made the sensible decision to order chicken strips and fries, while Scott made the not so smart decision of ordering biscuits and gravy. When our food finally arrived, Scott's meal was a mound of gravy over some little tiny biscuits, with the weirdest and most awkwardly shaped piece of "sausage" laying delicately on top of the mountain of gravy. Even in my slightly inebriated state I could see the folly in his decision. I think he only took a few bites and I graciously offered him a chicken strip, but it made for a very interesting end to our evening.


Don't worry, this is definitely not considered our first date. Scott took me out about a week later to a wonderful dinner and we had a lovely romantic evening. I just think this story is much more funny!

No comments:

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover