Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Toast to Us on Valentine's Day

I had originally posted this on Facebook, which I totally recommend for family a friends, since it's a great way to keep in touch and stay updated with each other's lives, but I also thought this would be a great posting for a day devoted to love and couple-dom. It's also Apollo's First Birthday so I'll post some then and now photos for everyone to enjoy as well!

Here's to Us!

A little fun history and trivia about the two of us.

♥ What are your middle names? Michael and Christina
♥ How long have you been together? Almost 2 and a half years.

♥ How long did you know each other before you started dating? I would say about a month or two months before we were official. We kind of eased into it, and then we set with each other by March.

♥ Who asked who out? Well we both kind of asked each other out to the bars when we first met, but he asked me out on our first official date.

♥ How old are each of you?He is 28 and I am 24.

♥ Whose siblings do/ did you see the most?Probably his. Sandi has visited us more, but I think that's because she is more available that my siblings, since my sisters all have families and live in areas that are farther away so traveling is more difficult for them. Plus, we have a blast when Sandi visits.

♥ Do you have any children together?Only Apollo. He's a four legged freakazoid that always keeps us on our toes. But we love him!

♥ What about pets?Apoolo again fits this category. He can be gross, but definitely NOT as gross as Calvin. Sorry Lala.

♥ Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?Hmm....I think grad school and wedding planning have been pretty tough on us, but we've learned new ways of coping that have really allowed us to succeed as a couple.

♥ Did you go to the same school?Nope! Scott went to Cal Poly SLO and I am going to Chico State. Only one more semester woot!

♥ Are you from the same home town?Nooooo...not by a long shot. He grew up in several places before settling in Paradise, CA, and I grew up in Alaska and Southern Cali.

♥ Who is the smartest?Hmm....how can I answer this and not get in trouble? ;) I think we're both exceptionally smart. I think it's one of the reasons why we get along so well. I think I am more circular and abstract at times, and I think he is more linear, mathematical and rational.

♥ Who is the most sensitive?I think both of us can be. I would probably say him, but he would probably say me! :)

♥ Where do you eat out most as a couple? We love sushi! That's probably our favorite food to eat out together. If it's not sushi than its probably mexican or seafood.

♥ Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?Chico to Yosemite to Santa Barbara. But we're going to be traveling to the Caribbean for our honeymoon and that will take the cake as longest trip!

♥ Who has the craziest exes? Probably me. I have more, at least that he would count. But he has the "crazy" girl in Sacramento. hehehe. :)

♥ Who has the worst temper?Neither one of us really has a temper, but I would probably say me. I get more vocal and arrogant.

♥ Who does the cooking?Probably I do more, but he makes some AWESOME tri-tip and quesadillas that are TO DIE FOR!

♥ Who is more social? I would totally say me, all the way, even though I can be pretty shy at times too.

♥ Who is the neat-freak? Him, but not by a large margin. I'm particular about certain areas, and he's more particular in general.

♥ Who is the more stubborn? Me. All the way.

♥ Who hogs the bed? Me. I'm a sprawler, and a blanket hog apparently :P

♥ Who wakes up earlier?He does more frequently, but I can get moving faster sometimes.

♥ Where was your first date? Johnny's in Chico.

♥ Who has the bigger family?Me, by a HUGE margin!

♥ Do you get flowers often?No, not really. But I've gotten some beautiful bouquets in the past.

♥ How do you spend the holidays?Having fun! This year we went to my parents house, and his family was able to be there too, but I think we'll be starting a yearly rotation. So those of you who want to be on the travel list, better sign up quick!

♥ Who is more jealous? I don't think either one of us usually are, but I think he gets btiten by the green bug more often.

♥ How long did it take to get serious?Not too long. We dated for over a year before we got engaged though.

♥ Who eats more? Scott, by far. My sister used to always ask how I grew so tall when I never ate anything. I agree with Will about Lala, she could eat her way out of anywhere! :):) Love ya sis!
♥ Who does/ did the laundry?Neither one of us like it, so we each do it, infrequently. He goes by the sock rule.
♥ Who’s better with the computer? Totally him!

♥ Who drives when you are together?He usually does, unless the road is windy and twisty and then I get to drive. We switch off on long caravans.

And here's to our pup who turned 1 today!


His first trip to Chester, CA about a year ago! Look how tiny he is in the window!
And here he is in Chester, CA a couple weeks ago.
Look at how big his head is!!
He was also eating french fries. Spoiled kid.
Happy Heart Day to Everyone!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

Awwww Apollo!

I had to laugh at the temper comment...you weren't there for the infamous Bakersfield debate! Scott didn't really have a temper but he's a debater...as is the one that started the debate (i.e. my man).

Ohhhhh wedding planning. Hope everything is going well. You seem pretty organized so I'm sure it is!

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover