Saturday, October 18, 2008

Butterflies

Well, as some of you may be aware, the wedding date is slowly creeping towards us.

There are only 230 days left until the BIG day and as I look ahead on my calendar at all the things I've yet to do and get done, I find myself starting to get a little more than nervous. Some of you might think that's crazy, since it is 230 days away, and how could I possibly be nervous with the date so far away.

What I would say to those people is, "I have every right to be nervous! I'm getting married!" That's only like one of the biggest commitments you will ever share with another human being! In 230 days I will join my life with someone else's and no longer be just one, but always a part of two. Even though I look forward to that day with all the anticipation and excitement, I think it's normal to be nervous because that commitment is a serious one, and definitely is not something to be taken lightly.

We'll be starting pre-marital counseling soon, and I think having everything start falling into place is making me more and more nervous about the moment I will walk down the aisle as a bride and say "I do" to the most important man in my life.

1 comment:

Larissa said...

Its crazy to think of my little sis getting hitched! I love ya!

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover