Saturday, January 3, 2009

2008 in Review

As the New Year dawns, we have many things to look forward to in our neck of the woods. However, I thought I would take the time to remember some of the more memorable things that have happened in 2008 since it was a pretty big year for us.

Starting at the beginning of 2008....


January- I started my 2nd semester of the graduate program and was already looking forward to the summer. Scott put an offer in on our first home.

Feburary- We bought a house! We received the keys to our new home on February 21st and Scott and his Dad, Ralph, moved us in lickety-split.

March- We were just beginning to settle ourselves into our new home. We celebrated March by having a housewarming party, and my best friend from so-cal, Jessica, came up to visit and spent the week with us!

April- What didn't happen in April? We got engaged and we got our Pup Apollo. Both events couldn't have been more exciting for either of us!!

May- I finished my first year in the graduate program!

June- We took a trip to Antelope Lake and to the Redwoods. It was Apollo's first venture into the wild outdoors, and both camping trips were full of fun and friends!

July- Scott's sister Sandi, came up to Chico and spent the 4th of July with us. We had a great time at Buck's Lake, CA playing on the water and relaxing in the sun. My sister Michele and my nephew Johnathan were also able to make it down for the holiday as well as my younger sister Marina! I know, my family is confusing!

August- Time to get ready for school start again! I entered my 2nd year of the graduate program, moving me closer and closer to graduation. Petra, my niece also arrived and I got to visit my sister Larissa and her family in Missouri!

September- I don't remember too much about Sepetember, but there were a lot of birthdays! Justin was born on the 15th, my brother in law Will turned the big 3-0, and my nephew Kace turned 3!

October- October brought midterms and Halloween. This year I dressed up as Elvis, and let me just say that it was the first and last time I'll ever wear a jumpsuit.

November- Sandi and her new beau Cristo came up to Chico and spent the Thanksgiving holiday with us. We had a blast cooking, and celebrating this time of year with them! Apollo loved the turkey too. He sniffed at the oven a lot.

December- The holiday season was in full swing, and both of our families converged on my parent's home in Southern California to celebrate this precious time of year. I also celebrated my 24th birthday at Disneyland.

All in all it was a great year, and we're both lookin forward to the fun and frivolities of 2009!

Happy New Year Everyone!

1 comment:

Larissa said...

so getting married is frivolous? ;p just kidding! You have had a busy year! Seems like you guys have had apollo longer then that! He has gotten so big so fast! Jeese! You n scott are gonna both have to come to Mo next time! love and miss you! L

Some of Jenn's Favorite Books

  • A Clockwork Orange
  • Calvin & Hobbes
  • Fight Club
  • Great Expectations
  • Lucky
  • MacBeth
  • Mere Christianity
  • Midnight Bayou
  • Northern Lights
  • Posionwood Bible
  • Pretense
  • Pride & Prejudice
  • Queen's Own Fool
  • Terry Goodkind Books
  • The Age of Innoncence
  • The Case for Christ
  • The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
  • The Lovely Bones
  • The Other Boleyn Girl
  • The Red Tent
  • The Secret of Dragonhome
  • The Virgin's Lover